The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Shower Curtain Rod

In case what I wrote is causing confusion: the shower curtain rod in my 1978
Argosy (Airstream) motor home is not curved, but straight.  It is fastened in
front to the vertical partition and at the rear to the inward sloping rear wall
of the shower.  It runs horizontally, not at an angle.  The curtain hangs down
from it and is of course a somewhat complicated shape on its rear edge to fit
that side of the shower.  The upper part is curved, the lower part straight.
There is a rectangular cutout in the lower rear part to accomodate the seat.

I gather from the posts of others that the curtain arrangements in the 60s
trailers were different and that there was a curving non-horizontal track which
held the curtain sliders.  So the arrangement of my curtain, with a straight
horizontal rod, may not be relevant to your situation.

John