The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] refurbishing 1979 Excella 500

Amen to this. After pulling the carpet and couch/bed frames, cabnet and
closet doors there must have been 200lbs of good old North TX dirt in my
1976 31' Sovereign. I should have saved the dirt, I think it would have
qualified as a small ranch.

But, I did find some treasurers as well during the cleaning process. In
various places throughout the trailer I found a number old road maps,
campground and rally information from the 1st two owners of my trailer. Both
were members of the WBCCI and they appeared to have traveled extensively
from 1976 through 1992 based on the items I found. Included in this were
small brass colored thin metal stickers from each of the WBCCI International
Rallies from 1983 through 1989. There was also a number of small square
metal stickers from local WBCCI rallies held in the TX Rio Grand Valley for
1983, and 84. I am sure all of these had been displayed somewhere in the
trailer at one time but someone had removed them and I found them in a
crumpled up bag behind the couch. I have saved all of this material and I am
putting together a history of the trailer and I will keep records of our
travels as well. All of this can then be passed on to the next owner, I hope
years and years from now.  I just hope when that day comes the trailer is
cleaner than what it was when I got. Although I have not had the time to do
any thing to the outside yet, I think this old trailer has shined up a
little on its own from all the TLC it has received over the past several
weeks.