The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] 75 AS Sovereign

I recently bought a 1976 Sovereign and had a very similar problem with my
shower valve. The connection to the copper supply line was cracked so I
bough a new shower fixture and was going to connect it with compression
fittings. The existing copper was in two sizes, 1/2" and 3/8". However the
new fittings and new copper tubing was just a fraction smaller than what
original stock that was in the trailer and make the compression fittings
work. I eventually replaced all of my copper tubing back to the regulator
with "PEX" plastic tubing and fittings. This is the same material used in
mobile homes and most new RV's. Since I went back to the regulator, I was
able to start the PEX from a 1/2" pipe tread fitting. You might check with
an RV parts store and see what they can recommend as far as connecting to
the existing copper tubing. Good Luck.

Don Hardman
1976 Sovereign