The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

RE: [a/s] Tires

Get the best tires you can afford on the trailer.  Eight ply are awesome when you can find them.  Also be sure to maintain the high proper pressure. Don't forget to check the brakes.  Mine were crumbled when I opened them up in Oregon.  Not too expensive to replace.

When all is done, take a test around your dealer and make sure your brake controller actually works to change the braking ratio between puller and trailer.

I recommend checking the propane system first.  Then check all your utilities for both AC and propane operation.  Check the water pump system as well as line water pressure.