The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] fresh water tank woes

Ray -

Sounds like you bit it bigtime.  Sounds like Thor really does not care about the owners.  The more I see
about this outfit, Thor, the less inclined I am to like them.  We are driving our '99 back to the factory
where they are to fix it for us.  If it isn't a lemon it is at least a tangelo.  I will ley everyone on the list
know how the factory handles documented failures of QC in this "brand new" trailer we bought.  The
dealers have been a joke so far; even the "West Coast Repair Facility" is an oxymoron.  Nevertheless, I
am hopeful they will stand up for what is wrong.

As it now stands I will have to stand by my previous statement that I would never buy a new
Airstream.  The dealers are not helpful and the ones I have dealt with have been less than honorable on
warranty repairs.  But, cross your fingers next week.

FWIW we have had no troubles with our fresh water tank, yet.  That yours fell out is a clear case of
shoddy workmanship and a total lack of QC.  Call a lawyer.

L8R