The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] Complete vintage restoration.

Howdy all,

I have '63 bambi, which was left in the rain without the top vent for 10
years.  So now I am doing a complete restoration.  I have stripped the
interior to the walls (saved everything for templates) also took lots of
pictures.  I need to replace the floor, do I pull the interior skin to
access the mounting for the body?  What surprises are instore for me
when I pull the body?  Most importantly is there a good book or web
sites, that cover this type of major restore..?  Also is it possible to
get outer skin panels?  or is there a way to repair minor dings and
scratches?

Thanks,
Jeff