The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Maintenance questions-Univolt Convertor

Don, replacement converters run from about $150 and
up. Many are really poor battery chargers. They don't
know when your batteries are fully charged and will
boil them if you are not really careful. The better
ones are multi stage, that is they charge at a high
rate when needed and drop back to a trickle charge
when the battery is fully charged. Sorry I can't
recommned a brand and model but I bet Chris or
somebody else here has already been there and done
that.

Lotsa luck, Lee