The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] (no subject)

Folks -

I also "back flush" using grey water.  After letting the black tank empty and with the hose still attached and
the black water valve open I will let a blast from a full grey water tank loose for a second or two.  Part
flows down the sewer connection and part surges into the black water tank loosening solids and filling it
some.  As the grey water is open only for a second or two and closed without any back flow the black water
will drain out the sewer connection.  I repeat this a couple of times and then close the black water valve and
open the grey water valve until all the grey water has drained.  This works for me.

Another trick I learned from the list is to dump black water from the tank as soon as you arrive in a park
while it is still sloshing around and the solids have not resettled.  I drain again just before leaving.  This
keeps the tank cleaned out.  I do not like the AS built in black tank sprayer/flusher as it is too easy to forget
that it is running and have a flood.  I have heard of this happening and it does not sound pleasant.  Yeccch!

L8R