[a/s] Don't @#$% with Mother Nature

Well, <she writes with a heavy heart> I guess the little hail storm yesterday
afternoon was just foreplay.  A little sign of bigger things to come..... I
was awakened at 3:40 am by dogs and cats all jumping on the bed.... that can
only mean one thing...lightning.  No rain, so I thought it was off in the
distance... wrong again... within minutes the trailer was under attack..

This time the hail was huge and felt like it was shot from a cannon at point
blank range.. In my whole life I have never heard anything like it.  The
attack went on for 10-15 minutes.... the dogs were shaking, the cats hunkered
down in the catbox, I was sad because I knew Bruiser and the trailer were
getting hurt.

When it finally stopped I grabbed my flashlight and stepped out into the
crunchy ground. What I witnessed in this luxury resort looked like a scene
from The Night of the Living Dead.... shell shocked people, all with
flashlights, wandering around in their jammies and robes surveying the
damage. It was hard to assess it in the dark, but I could see the end caps of
the trailer now looked like a big dimpled silver golf ball. )c:  I couldn't
see anything on Bruiser, but he was covered in big puddles.  People were
saying that vents had broken, motorhomes and trailers were leaking big time.

I came back in and looked up at my skylight.  A huge snowball was sitting
inside it on the bottom "window"  The top of the skylight had taken a direct
hit and the hail went right through it.

It was dripping, I put a pan under it, took a sleeping pill and went back to
sleep.

When I got up at 7:30 I saw the damage in the cold light of day... My guess
is Bruiser will be getting a new hood.... not sure about the passenger
side.... dents for sure, but how they will fix them is a mystery.

My, once beautiful, little silver trailer is battered.  Front and end caps
and the whole "door side".  I guess they will have to replace all those
aluminum panels... (?) I will be getting a new skylight and a new exhaust
vent cap. I always hated that plastic one anyway. The good news is last night
it got really windy so I put my satellite dish in the park position. It's
working perfectly now.

I wonder if dealers do the repairs or I have to go to Jackson Center......

Oh well, at least no one is hurt...and I don't have to worry about hail
damage at Bismarck.

Hunter, not loving South Dakota right now