[a/s] Fire

Hi -

We also had the chance to see a few of the local volunteer fire departments in action.  We
followed a truck from Bloxom, VA to the scene.  What burned was an abandoned farmhouse in a
cornfield.  The corn on the field survived the action and the fireman got a workout.  They
comported themselves well and it is moving to see these guys drop whatever they are doing to help
their neighbors, known and unknown.  The fellow in this picture was so huge he cannot walk very
far, but he can drive the truck.  Everybody can play a role and I was touched that the local
folks in Bloxom found a way for this fellow to make a contribution to the greater good of the
community.

JPEG image