Re: [a/s] A New RV'er

Hi Dick,

Welcome... if you haven't already bought the Jeep..... you might want to
reconsider..... read this:

<<
A word of caution on the Jeep Cherokee thing.  We used a Jeep Cherokee to
pull a travel trailer.  The Jeep sets up rather high, and has a short wheel
base.  We were entering a highway, just got onto the highway off the entrance
ramp, going not quite 45 mph, a semi flew past us and pulled us into his
draft, the travel trailer started to fish tail and because the Jeep Cherokee
was so tall and light we ended up in a full
roll over accident.  Both Jeep and trailer were tossed on their sides and
side on their passenger sides some 70 feet down the highway.  Both vehicles
were totaled and all 3 of us were injured.  The state policeman that took the
accident report told us all that were were very lucky to not have been
seriously injured or killed as he has seen more serious accidents involving
the Jeep Cherokees and trailers.

Right after my accident, a friend of ours was pulling a small snowmobile
trailer to their cottage and the same thing happened to them.  There was a
serious injury in that episode.  This friend happens to be an attorney and
did some research on this sort of thing and found literaly a book of
accidents involving Jeep Cherokees (both the standard Cherokee and the Grand
Cherokee) being involved in roll over accidents pulling trailers of all sorts
(boats, snow mobile, travel, horse and flat beds).

We now have full size pick up trucks with full one ton suspension and a full
size suburban with one ton suspension.  I am never going back to the Cherokee
or any sort of SUV for that matter.>>

Hunter