[a/s] A New RV'er

Hi. My name is Dick and I am new to the net and new to RV'ing. In Fact, I
plan on placing an order tomorrow for a new 27B Safari. I am planning on
towing it with a' 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 with all wheel drive.
Being new to this experience, I would appreciate any comments from old timers
as to tips, things to watch out for, tips on storage, etc. My wife and I plan
on taking some short trips to get "feel for RV'ing" and then longer trips
next year. Are there any items that are a must to hit the road?
Thanks in advance for your comments. We are looking forward to this new
experience. I am a retired airline pilot and have always loved anything to do
with travel.
Dick Pepper