RE: [a/s] Towing Question Can-Am

Dan brings up a good point.  Just for the interest of the group.  Andy says
one BIG thing that makes a different.  Canada is a no liability country (or
at least different liability issues)  Andy has always said to me (we bought
our trailer from him, he is certainly one of the more knowledgeable
Airstream Dealers in North America), that, based on the US court system,
he's  not even re comfortable selling trailers in the US.  He also says,
based on the same, he is surprised the auto manufacturers even rate tow
vehicles at all, based on the potential liability exposure.

Also, I do not mean this as a commercial, really, but Chris Bryant made the
point the other day in that it shows how much a sway control hitch makes a
difference (I'll leave it at that), but I believe, and basically know it as
a fact (we, Hensley, have lots of conversations with the big three on this
issue), that the auto manufacturers have rated, at least in part, tow
vehicles based on the poor performance of conventional sway equipment
available over the last 20 or 30 years.  They are not willing to recommend
specific tow equipment which is a major stumbling block for them to increase
tow capacities.

Just FYI.