RE: [a/s] Towing Question Can-Am

Thanks for your note Jerry.  I'm not looking for a big fight, it just needed
to be pointed out that when people make statements like "it can't be done"
implying that they have tried it, they trivialize a complicated issue.

Nearly every opinion on this issue is based on a simple statement "no way
those nuts at Can-Am can do it, buy the biggest most expensive tow vehicle
you can find."  How is that any more valuable?  It really isn't.  I'll admit
it is a safer view point, but that may be all.

Wilbur and Orville Wright were told that they could not fly, by the current
thinking at the time, from the current engineers.  I have no doubt that
someone made the exact statement you have made to them, "there is no way you
can fly because the engineers with the hot air balloon company say you can't
do it"

Do I tow over weight capacity?, no, but I also do not point that much faith
in the current auto engineers.  In my case, they can't design an electric
window that works for more than 3 years, why would I trust something as
complicated as rating a vehicles ability to tow a trailer when it is based
on literally thousands of variables?

I view things with an open mind.  I personally think that Can-Am's tests are
very interesting, regardless how I feel about tow capacity.  I personally
would have loved to have watch Wilbur and Orville try and fly!