Re: [a/s] Door handles again

On my MH there is a little post like that, which after 22 years no longer has a
cover.  It does move a little bit, up and down (slide, not like a toggle switch)
and locks or unlocks the tumbler lock.  Like the buttons in a car door.  I
hardly ever use it so can't remember which way is unlocked.  The up and down
travel is only about a quarter of an inch.  I do have to unlock it occasionally
when the hounds have poked it into the wrong position (they basically know how
to open doors).

When I am inside the MH and don't want to be disturbed, I just throw the
deadbolt, which is actuated by a big fat lever on the door frame, not on the
door.  Deadbolt always closed when driving (a big light on the dash starts
flashing if you don't).

John

Susi and John Burchard
Tepe Gawra Salukis