Re: [a/s] Interior Sliding Doors

         I met a guy at Top of Ga last march who had installed new tambour
in his vintage trailer (I think it was an overlander).  He went to a
cabinet shop (he has a friend who runs one, a real bonus) and had them
order a "full sheet" for them.  The only problem he has had is in cutting
the sheet to fit - you have to be careful, or else the wood will split.  He
said that the full sheet - something like 5'X4', I don't remember exactly -
cost less than the ~$270 that one of the little sheets (something like
2'X3') that used to be available costs.  I haven't tried this myself, but
might do so in future.  They use a silicone lubricant, as others on these
lists have suggested.

- Dick
(5368)
Professor Emeritus Richard P. Kenan	Tel: 404-894-4702	FAX: 404-894-4700
Georgia Institute of Technology	email: rkenan@ece.gatech.edu
777 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta GA 30332-0250

Retired and loving it!
Home Tel: 770-451-0672	FAX: 770-451-9672
mailto:rkenan@ece.gatech.edu