Re: [a/s] New Refrigerators need 12vdc, messes up my solar system

Why do you believe that you would need a regulator in this situation? The
solar input should not really add much to the other sources. Unless you
have an extremely large solar bank (that would probably have already zapped
your batteries unregulated) I would be VERY surprised if the voltage at the
refrigerator exceeded 15.4 unless your batteries are very sick. Metering it
carefully would show any problem.

If the refrigerator warranty people told me my solar burned up my
refrigerator to make me pay for the repair, I would argue with them. If
they could actually meter my voltage at higher than 15.4, I guess I would
have to shut up and pay.

Jerry W4UK