Re: [a/s] 3 months in Mexico

We stayed at a small coastal village on Baja California.  It is more expensive and less colorful than mainland
Mexico.  Baja is more primitive, expensive and remote and tranquil than mainland.  The village we stayed in
has a small population, less than 5000, pleasant climate and desert scenery except in the immediate town area
which is an oasis.  We were there for three months and are returning for six months this fall.

Despite others opinions on water, most folks are drinking tap water and surviving.  All folks are subject to
amoebic dysentary and a touch of it wet around the town infecting those who drank tap water as well as
those who drank bottled water.  You can eat anywhere the locals eat as they get sick, too.  They do not eat
where they get sick.  Various microbes exist in the water which may upset your system.  I have gotten sick
twice now upon returning to the states to my home town which has a fine water system.  Check the
guidebooks for professional advice on travelling, food and water.

The road down in Baja is bad.  We travel about a thousand miles, each way, to go to our little village.  Weigh
these things.  If you are still interested, read the Lonely Planet, Rough Guide and any other good guidebooks
on Mexico.

Write me with questions.

L8R