Re: [a/s] heating element hot water heater

Hi Doug,
	The Suburban brand water heater has a steel tank that is "glass" lined.
The lining protects the whole tank *except* for the place where they weld
in the final piece (the "flame tube". The welding proccess will destroy the
"glass" (it is actually porcelain, I think) at this spot, leaving it very
suseptible to corrosion (if the anode is removed).

	The new style (SW models) Suburban water heaters have the anode in place
of a drain plug, which you have to remove in order to add a "Hott Rod" type
element.
	The old style (V models, and all others) have the anode in the back of the
tank- but I've never been able to remove one from the back.

________

	Chris Bryant
	Bryant RV Services
	DeLand, Florida