Re: [a/s] Canvas or vinyl awnings?/go with fabric, last longer

Thanks Pete, and all other's that made this
suggestion...I think I will go with the Zip Dee
fabric, and at this point expense is a mute point. And
this is why some may want to go a little more cost for
fabric............

When we bought the trailer we decided to replace the
awning, so I called several places in Tucson that did
awnings. I pulled the trailer on over to one, and they
looked at it and said, "oh no, we can't do that
awning, it is non-standard, round roller". "You have
to take it over to a fabric shop and they will custom
sew a Carefree awning for you, then bring it back to
us, we will install it". Ok...so off to the fabric
shop with trailer in tow, they measure it and order
the vinyl material. Two weeks later, I drive over to
get it and take the trailer back to the repair
facility, they take everything apart, they unroll it
and find it is about 3 feet too short. "You have to
take this back", they say. So off to the fabric place
I go again with the trailer, in heavy Tucson traffic.
They re-measure, and one week later they have a grey
patch sewed in to the entire leading edge of the teal
colored awning. I take it back to the RV place with
the trailer, they install it, looks horrible with the
patch, but at this point what can I do, continue to
manuver a 34 foot trailer all over town?? Now 6 years
later we are back at "point a" again. Awning hardly
ever been used, but the top edge is rotted from the
sun. So, yes indeed, if I have to pay more and not go
thru all this again...I will!
Arizona Silver Streaker