[a/s] Now Birds and Carpet/Wood Floor

My  two dogs and two cats are all longhaired.... It's impossible to vacuum it
off the carpeting.  I have to use "The Amazing Yellow Sponge" to get up the
hair before I vacuum.

For some reason hair sticks to the carpet rather than allowing itself to be
sucked up.

What I need to vacuum is kitty litter which sticks to the kittie's hairy paws
and leaves and whatever that comes in on the dog's long pantaloons.

I just saw an ad on HGTVV for a new Armstrong laminated wood floor that you
don't need to glue, it just snaps into place. Sure would be easier to keep

Hunter