[a/s] Scare Lights that leak

Does anyone have trouble with their "Scare Lights",
(exterior lights) leaking? I have 4 of them on the
outside of my rig. I went to Airstream and purchased
new lenses and seals. They still leak. The seals are a
"fiber oily looking" gasket that is worthless. I keep
thinking that I will find some big o-rings sometime.
Something like the ones I had on my swimming pool
filters in Tucson. Do other Airstreamers have this
problem? I even tried siliconing them shut, but that
only creates a problem the next time one changes the
bulb! I shutter to think what would happen if I lived
in a wet climate!

The Silver Streakers