Re: [a/s] Propane Vehicles (was: New member intro.)

I'm attaching information from an email from my dad concerning two vehicles that he had converted to propane... hope it helps..

Don
'85 25' Sovereign

Don.........We had a l974 Ford V8 pick up and a l979 Ford V8 van
converted to run on either gasoline or LP Gas with a switch-over switch
on the dash.

Original cost on the P.U. was about $1200 to $1500 including a 50 gal propane tank mounted in the bed just behind the cab. At that time L.P. was around the 40 cents gal, but the price kept inching up -- gasoline was still less than $1. After we had the van converted, gas reached $1.  But L.P. trailed by 10 to 20 cents less.

The van had a 70 gal tank mounted cross-ways at the very rear of the cargo area. L.P. provides less mpg and a bit less power; and you buy an annual
permit from NM transportation division of revenue.  The best part about duel fuel...you can go a long way without a fillup.