Re: [a/s] Mud flaps

In Alaska, I saw a couple of guys place a thin sheet of some material
(plywood?) just behind the gas tanks to protect the entire front of the
trailer from gravel/stones. Looked like it would work fine. I don't
remember how it was attached. I think I remember seeing small cutouts -
perhaps at the bottom to clear frame pieces a couple of inches. We plan to

I also saw some homemade screens over the tow vehicle lights made from
hardware cloth. Don't remember how they attached them. Wish I had taken
pictures!

Incidentally, I found the best protection against gravel thrown up by
vehicles passing me was to just avoid driving through the airborne gravel
at high speed. This usually meant slowing before I was passed and going as
far to the right as possible. Didn't get a single nick (might have been
plain good luck).

Jerry W4UK