Re: [a/s] The accident was not our fault. Fr: Ruth & Dan

Probably never -completely.  I haven't even been hit by a semi but I hold my
breath every time we are next to one, especially when there is one in both
lanes next to us.

A few years ago a friend was hit by a semi on her way to work.  I don't
remember the exact details but the police report had her changing lanes when
she hadn't been.  She was just so happy to be alive that the report errors
didn't bother her too badly.

I have always been an admirer of truck drivers -- on the highways.  But
around heavy commute traffic they are terrors.  I've had them climbing up my
tailpipe when every lane in front of me is full of traffic and no way to
speed up or get out of their way.  Whenever I listen to the morning traffic
reports for the entire SF Bay area there always seems to be an accident
somewhere that involves a "big rig".  I just heard a report on tv about
people who had gotten  a license by bribery for driving big rigs without
taking ANY tests.  This was in Illinois and then they could take that license
to their own state and get a license there with no problems.  Some of them
had just gotten here from other countries - scary, huh?!

-Norma