[a/s] carpet questions

I would like to add one more thread to the carpet
questions currently flying around. Regardless of the
work involved, I AM going to replace the HOT PINK SHAG
that was in "Willie" when we bought him. What
recommendations would experienced 'streamers make for
type of flooring? I am considering vinyl in the galley
& head, carpet in the bedroom. Does this make the
trailer look shorter? Does it make more sense to make
a single piece of something throughout? Any other
questions / suggestions I haven't even thought about
yet?
     Patty wants to know how to hang pictures on the
very thin walls. The previous owner just put large
screws through and let the points stick out the other
side! Thanks for any / all!
Doug & Patty Robinson
'75 TradeWind #1809
PS - Happy day! The house went on the market today! On
the road again, just can't wait to get on the road
again!