[a/s] Flooring / carpet replacement

Although the carpet in my '90 Excella is still in pretty good shape, at
some point I will have to replace it with another round of carpet or
parquet or something. It looks like the most convenient way for the
factory to do things was to put down carpet and then put everything else
(cabinets, closets, beds, etc.) on top of the carpet. So it looks like
the procedure would be to take a knife and cut along the base of the
walls, cabinets, under the sofa, etc. etc. then install tack strip and
new carpet, or just lay carpet in without fastening it, or lay wood
flooring with a trim molding to hide the carpet under the cabinets,
walls, etc.  Since the bath has the same carpet which kind of travels up
the exterior base wall of the shower and toilet base, I am still
puzzling about that too.

If anyone has dealt with these issues, I would appreciate knowing how
you went about this procedure.

Thanks,
John H.
'90 Excella '25