Re: [a/s] Ideal length of a/s?

George and all,

I love the 34 for: its spacious lounge, dinette, larger bathroom and ample
storage within the Queen bed.  I particularly like our model year Limited
because it has the old aluminum framed windows, the old style frame which
supports the opposite layout with the dinette on the streetside vs. the
curbside and the lack of a cabinet over the TV credenza allows the addition
of a 4th window up forward on the streetside.  It is very airey(?).
Incidently, mine is not a wide body.  I don't feel cramped--yet!

The storage is kind of screwed up in my opinion.  Although there's plenty
under the bed accessed from the outside, the drawer on both sides and the
large one across the front of the bed are tough to get at because of the
bedding hanging down.  The kitchen has lots of drawers, but there seems to
be a lack of shelving in the base cabinets for odd-sized items.  Our cereal
boxes are under the refer in a cabinet that you have to get on your knees to
access.  They could've/should've put a bank of cabinet doors with shelves
instead of drawers, (but would the items be everywhere but on the shelf upon
arrival?).  We have a great slideout pantry for canned goods and bottles of
foods like tomato sauce, etc.  The booze is also stored below the dinette
seat where tall bottles are safely stored.  (Gosh, you can't take a chance
on destroying the booze, should be in a safe but quickly accessed
area).(;>)~

Pulling isn't a big deal, although I wasn't crazy about the hills around
Branson, MO.  They seemed so abrupt and often times you couldn't see very
much beyond them.  Backing hasn't been a problem; hell I turned around in
Maryland.  I backed up a road into a side street (90 degrees to the street I
was on), and reversed directions.  I learned that driving the 31'.  I find I
have to pick gas stations closer; I don't want to chance having to back out
of one after being jammed by some inattentive 4 wheeler.  We use the Exit
Authority all the time.

Gosh, I wish I was on the road in Florida, we got about 3" of snow here in
eastern Massachusetts.  Summer is coming!  $1.54 per gallon around here!  I
found Maryland cheap but South Carolina the lowest and Connecticut the
highest.

Anymore questions-no problem.

Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net