[a/s] Clues please?

Hi all...I'm new, and  if I can, I'd like to share a couple of problems I'm
having with my Airstream, and I wondered if anyone had any clues to help me
solve them???????????
Here's the first one:
There is an electric cord in the back bedroom, on the side wall above the
window.  It comes in from a tiny hole (about the size of a nickle) in the
outside wall above the road-side window.  It goes nowhere outside...just into
the wall.  This wire is two-part...a red covered wire, and a yellow covered
wire.  The red one had been cut & is  just hanging, but it's hot  .  The
yellow wire continued through a crude hole on the closet wall (the wall with
the phone jack on it), and goes to the back of one of those two-way ivory
plastic switches.  BUT THERE IT STOPS!  From the wall above the window to the
switch!  That's IT!   It must get it's (heat) power from INSIDE the
wall...but when you turn the switch on and off , nothing happens.  I can't
figure out what it's for!  does anyone have a clue?

The other problem is actually just a search question:
When I bought it last summer, it was pretty dirty   but otherwise in pretty
good condition... filthy outside and a lot of dust and some light damage to
the interior fabric from sun..  I want to reupholster in keeping with the
period.  It's a 1978 I think, but could pass for one from the 60s.    I want
to  cover it in genuine naugahyde.  Does anyone know of a mail order place
where I can buy itby the yard?  I  don't want vinyl.

If anyone can help on either of these things I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.........."CC"