Re: [a/s] Truck cap vs. roll-top cover

<<  Just got my new SuperDuty F-350 crew cab with PSD (short bed like
Hunter's)>>

Cool!!.

<< What factors did you two consider in getting your truck caps vs. doing a
 roll top cover. I'm looking at the Roll-N-Lock cover (slides over the bed
 and closes in multiple positions). >>

Is that the flat one...from the side it looks like a pickup without a cap?

I never considered one.  I have stuff that is higher than the truck sides,
especially since my stuff lives on the Beaver Bed.

I also really like the looks of the cap I have (Century Royal) It makes the
truck look like an SUV.  The side windows are as large as the truck's
windows.  Many people have asked me if it's an Excursion. I think the big
crew cab with the short bed makes the truck look stubby, without a cap.

I have no need of the truck as a pickup...if I did need to use the bed I
would think the roll thing is great.

What color did you get?  Wait til you pull with it.... it's amazing!

It certainly attracts crowds.  Funny story, when we were at Zolfo Springs
last week I washed it and detailed all the chrome, the ss grill and Windexed
all the windows.  It looked awesome.  Lots of guys came by to admire it.  The
morning I was leaving a guy came by to see it and commented about how nice it
looked etc..... he was walking away still looking and talking and much to my
(and his) horror he walked slam into a light pole.... I yelled just as he was
to hit it, and he turned and went face first into it.  oops.

Hunter