Re: [a/s] Vulkem Removal

My experience with Vulkem removal was to go under the vulkem with a sharp
edge tool and pry to force it off.  I was doing this on top of a painted
Argosy and thus did not have any realy concern about maring the finish so
carefully used a very sharp wood chisel.  However a sharpend piece of
wood would be preferred method as you would not scratch the surface. In
my case if was going to paint the replacement Vulkem and immediate area
so a scratch or two didn't count.  It holds or glues on great but it can
be forced off and tends to come off in fairly large pieces.  It did not
leave much residue on the surface.  I suspect something  like  Goo Gone (
or similar)  would help clean off any residue.  I thought about heating
the old Vulkem but tried the above method and it worked just fine.

Roy