Re: [a/s] Silicone Removal

For information on a silicone remover one might check out:
http://www.rmoreau.com/su100.htm

They sell a liquid silicone remover in various quantities.
We bought some a few month's ago, haven't used it yet as it's too cold here
in Maryland for now. We won't guarantee it works, but it has been
recommended by others we have heard from.   We have the large front window
and the vistas to remove silicone from in our trailer.

You may be able to remove silicone by other means to the point that you
can't really see it and can't feel it but a film remains that can cause
problems with adherence of new non-silicone caulk (or paint in Non-A/S
applications).  Any remaining exposed film will also allow dust and dirt to
accumulate which can detract from appearance depending on where the silicone
was applied.

We'll see for ourselves come Spring, but we think alcohol or mineral spirits
or whathaveyou help clean up *uncured* silicone, but will not remove *cured*
silicone completely.

Tom & Ronnie Martin
76 Trade Wind 25'