[a/s] A/C cover and Excella 500 (purchase???)

Title: A/C cover and Excella 500 (purchase???)

The outside A/C cover on my 71 Safari is in need of replacement.  I like to fix things once and forever when possible.  Does anyone know of a source for an aluminum cover instead of the typical fiberglass ones.  I think that I have seen one.  It appeared more angular than the fiberglass units.  Perhaps it was custom made.  I hope not.  I like to be in my trailer, not on top of it.

On a different note; I have been driving past an Airstream for probably the last ten years and have yet to see it moved.  It is in a storage lot and has a Ford pickup along with it.  My guess is that it is a 31 footer possibly in the 1980's range.  Today I took a closer look as saw that the street side badge shows it to be an Excella 500.    I am toying with contacting to lot owner to see if it might be for sale.  Does anybody have thoughts as to what the maximum price I could safely pay and not get hurt at resale.  I would assume that what ever could be wrong with it probably is and would like to factor repair and replacement into the price.

Please don't tell my wife I am even thinking about this.  I am way behind on house projects as it is.