Re: [a/s] Old Furnaces- warning- long and boring

	Two things I would check first. It shouldn't take more than 30-45 seconds
to start, and it shouldn't shut off, even if it didn't ignite.

First, I would remove the thermostat from the wall and just twist the two
wires together. One possibility is that the thermostat isn't passing enough
voltage (if this is the problem, you can find a White Rodgers model 7200
"snap action" thermostat at most hardware stores- this is a direct
replacement for the Suburban model).

	The next thing that comes to mind is to check all of the 12 volt
connections to the furnace- it sounds like it isn't getting enough voltage-
also check the 12 volt fuse panel- I find that A/S fuse panels can go bad
after a while- oxidation between the little clip that holds the fuse and
the buss bar.

	I *promise* I'll post how to "pull" the furnaces...

________

	Chris Bryant
	Bryant RV Services
	DeLand, Florida