RE: [a/s] '97 GMC Suburban

I have towed large boats and our 79 Excella over 60,000 miles with my 93'
454, 4wd, 3.73. It now has 90,000. I use synthetic fluids in the
transmission and the engine. It tows wonderfully, uses no oil, has
compression about the same as when new, and has been an absolute joy. I've
used the Goodyear Wrangler  tires with three treads (forgot the
nomenclature) and just put the third set on, more because my teenage son
destroyed the whitewalls than from tread wear-I could have gotten another
year. Only problems: alternators, the alternators rarely go more than 60K
until they die, often in remote spots. Carry and extra belt too. No other
problems in all those miles. I put a drain plug (B&M) in the transmission so
I could easily change the transmission fluid every year. I don't know why
the General doesn't do that.

Bill

William V. Miller MD
The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin
wvmiller@worldnet.att.net