[a/s] More A/S Parts-Conibears in FL

Here's a place I haven't noticed anyone talking about for old & new A/S
parts  -  Conibear RV in Lakeland, FL (e. of Tampa) on RT 98 just n. of
I-4 has a variety of old & new-old A/S parts. All is in a big metal bldg
neatly arranged along w/ salvaged parts for X-brands - there are
fridges, toilets, stoves, windows, doors, awning arms/springs/fabric, &
more.
Spent a nite in Conibear's RV lot a wk or so ago - planned visit(saw
flyer at Travelers Rest in Dade City & drove down to check the place out
& made an appt). Arrived Mon mid-afternoon to get plugged in & review
work we wanted done. Tues am the A/S man went to work on re-habbing our
awning spring/arm. Using our roller, arms, & awning mat'l he was able to
install a spring from SOB parts and abra-ca-dabra a good as new awning.
The awning that came with our 72 A/S was the Carefree defunct Deluxe -
struggled w/ it for 2 yrs & at last summer's Intl Rally the right arm
decided it wouldn't unroll any more (we were preparing the A/S for the
Vintage Open House wouldn't cha know). Well, let me tell you.... this
rehabbed/retrofitted Carefree awning now works like a charm & bring new
to RV-ing we had no idea how easy an awning is supposed to work.

We got permission to remove 2 grills from A/S screen door in salvage
area after hrs that nite - cost: $20 (1 new grill =$40)

Hope we haven't already written to you about this b/4 - if so, we
apologize for senioritis!

Cindy & Carl Johnson
Rome (Belgrade Lakes), ME
#7494 WBCCI