Re: [a/s] Couple of good tips...

Having lived on properties with septic tanks for most of my life, I think I
can testify that not flushing the paper is somewhat of an overkill...If the
paper dissolves and there is fluid in the tank, a holding tank should act
similarly... I must admit there is less time for bacteria to turn it all to
fluid...

There are other things that I recommend (from experience)not be flushed...
such as
Sanitary pads,
Tennis balls,.or other kids toys...
Plastic cups,
Kitchen waste... having a kitchen disposal and a septic tank is like
military intelligence....(Oxymoron (sp?)),  mutually exclusive....
Anything made of rubber or latex....
Anything that is strong enough to kill the bacteria in the tank....like
after using something to remove paint etc... don't flush it...

We moved into this home about 30 years ago and cleaned the tank when we
moved in ... replaced the tank when the top caved in and scared the dog half
to death... ( about 10 yrs ago) and filled it with dirt this year when the
city sewer was installed... All in all, the problems were basically kitchen
grease buildup in the pipes... Now putting all the kitchen grease, oil,
scraps, and even washing pots etc. somewhere else... now that might make
sense.....I think most of our problems came right out of the dishwasher....

Still would like to know what MD stands for... maybe not a common brand in
our stores....and further more... what is the world is a "beaver bed"....

Jim