Re: [VACList] Free standing AC

7/30/2003 6:37:05 AM, "David R. Warner, Jr" <david@daval.com> wrote:

>Do we really use 13500 -- 27,000 BTU to cool an Airstream?

Suspect this is one of those things that are heavily dependent upon conditions.

Most days I don't even turn my little BriskAire on, and when I do it has no
trouble cooling things down to a positively chilly level.  HOWEVER... I have
a high heat tolerance, I usually avoid places where the ambient exceeds 90,
I have none of the skylight windows, and my coach is moderate in size.

Contrast this with someone who has a 34' coach with multiple skylights, then
chooses to take his July-August vacation in an unshaded site in Yuma -- yes,
even 27,000 BTU may leave that person uncomfortable.

                   -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
bicycle