RE: [VACList] Re: Breaker Box/keeping A/S

Thanks...but I gave up on a new box and rigged the current one on a
stand to sit over the water pipes and still be accessible from the panel
door....and I just this minute came in from putting in 3 new copper
circuits in the A/s. I also went and bought the $2 purple wirenuts for
aluminum wiring where I kept the one aluminum circuit and wired it thru
a junction box.  We will only use that when we really need it...like for
the outside outlet.  A compromise, I guess.  The directions in the box
said it was approved for aluminum or copper.

I want to add a twist on shore power box to the shell and wire up a male
twist on plug and get a long cord to attach to it.  Does anyone have a
place I can get a good outlet cover with a door...a sturdy black one
like what's on the new units?  The only recessed cover boxes I have
found in checking the net and a store for rv's are white vinyl and cheap
looking.

I used to think having the sailboat for 17 years was a great opportunity
to use ingenuity and find ways to "jury-rig" but now I see that having
an old Airstream is the real chance to express creativity with problem
solving....each project is a new can-o-worms...maybe I will change the
trailer's name from "Dewdrop" to "Can-o-worms"....it's more
descriptive!!!

About us keeping this unit while we sail...we are starting to think it
might be possible.

Do you suppose we could find someone who would store it for us in
exchange for the use of it..I mean a real A/S person who is familiar
with them?  Yeah...we have relatives but they have kids who would use it
as a playhouse or "beer party location" and we don't want to risk that.
Does anyone know what the cost of reasonable parking storage would be?
We want to build a house when we return and this could come in
handy...besides I'm getting attached to it!!!  I understand that happens
when you put this much sweat into something!!!

Lexxy or Lynn
[Alexis Lynn] in Augusta Ga.
owns a 22' '67 Safari lawn ornament that
we hope becomes a usable unit before we die!!!