[VACList] Chasing Electrical Gremlins

When we first acquire our 69 Globe 18 months ago, there were some electrical
problems that I am just now getting around to correcting.  The fan was
disconnected and was missing the switch.  The square dome light with four bulbs
inside didn't work at all and the two reading lights at the front didn't work.
According to my owners manual, they were all on the same circuit.  A control
panel (of sorts) had been fabricated in the compartment over the front window that
contains many redundant switches, a car stereo 8 track tape player and an
analog voltmeter. I was convinced that the previous owner highjacked the circuit
for his control panel (I was wrong).  After much digging through pink
fiberglass (yuck), looking for open circuits in all the wrong places, I started
digging around the fan by popping some rivets around the edge of the opening and
pulled out a tangle of red and white wires.  It looked rather suspicous - to the
point that when I tried to twist/pull off the connector it broke off in my
hand in a green powdery mess of corrosion.  Oh happy day!  A little wire
stripping an reconnecting later, light - glorious light.

Now that all those lights are fixed, I want to get the fan going again.  I
will probably put a fantastic vent in sometime later - when I start working on
the skin - but in the meantime I need to fix this - if only for my own
satisfaction.  Like I said - the switch is missing.  There were two wires branching
off the red/white circuit (both black)  and the fan has two wires (red and
black).  On the vent screen, there is hole where the switch came through and
someone labeled it  "HI  --  OFF  --  LOW".  I presume by the labels that the fan
would have had two speeds but I'm not sure, given the existing wires, what kind
of switch to buy and how to wire it?  I'm sure someone out there can help me .
. . . please.

Thanks,

Virginia Fesunoff
1969 Globetrotter 21'     "The Towster"