Re: [VACList] ratchet driven jockey wheel for caravans and trailers

For some reason, the following post doesn't want to go through to the
list... i've sent it twice, both times before the last post appeared:

I took an old radio flyer little red wagon i got for free at a neighbor's
garage sale, beefed up the axles and put bigger wheels on it, and made a top
out of scrap 5/8" ply. I use it around the yard and shop hauling rocks,
bricks, as a rolling saw-table/worksurface, and lately as a trailer dolly.
it works fine; i think i spent about $30 for the new wheels. I wouldn't mind
having a real trailer dolly like that aussie job, but i can't justify the
expense, especially when my little red wagon does the trick. Before that,
I've used a floor jack, a floor dolly, and one of those standup dollies
(terminology escapes me) - like a refer dolly but not. Car nuts put their
project cars up on wheel dollies so they can push them around the shop floor
in any direction. These can be had at harbor freight etc for pretty cheap.

Tuna
Reno, NV