Re: [VACList] Re: Awning

Hi Folks:

I have worked with Sunbrella fabric for awnings on my house and my trailer.
The stuff is practically indestructable.  I had a sail cover that lasted for
decades sitting out in the sun in a salt environment in Bay Area marina.

The stuff is around $20 / running yard at 5 feet wide.  It come in an
amazing amount of patterns and colors.  They have some that essentially
matches my '60s Carefree awning (I haven't had to rebuild that yet,
knock-knock, only some smaller windows).  They call it Yellow/White - 6 Bar.
They also make one similar Sapphire Blue/White - 6 Bar.  And so on......

They put out a great brochure with all the different types.  I'm sure that
they would be delighted to send you one.

Glen Raven Mills Inc
Glen Raven, NC 27217

Or do what I did and talk to a middle man who sent me not only the brochure
but a sample of the material too.

Ocean Electronics
PO Box 90
Buford, GA 30518
770.271.5753
I talked to Ken Stancoff who was very helpful.

Obviously you still would need to sew the material as it comes 60" wide max
(it also comes in 46").  All the awnings I have made so far have never
needed to exceed that width.  Also, since I can't sew, I glued and clamped
it where it had to have overlaps, like on the edges and where the bead
attachment to the trailer is etc.  Worked great for me.  Professional sewing
would be better of course.

Have fun,

GQ '67 Safari in CA