[VAC] Replacement Rims - sheesh.

I think everyone is making this harder than it really
is.

here's what you do.  You open the yellow pages and
look for a trailer supply shop in your area.  you take
the wheel off, and you take it down to the trailer
supply shop in your area.  they look at it, they tell
you what the new one will cost, you buy it, drive it
home, and install it.

the details - tell them that one rim needs to handle
2200-2800 pounds (if you've got a single axle) and
whammy you're done.

This is EXACTLY what I did.  (I guess I called around
first) and I ended up at the supplier to many of the
local tire shops (Tires Plus etc) that had no idea
what I was talking about.  walked in with a wheel,
walked out with three brand new ones with tires and
hubcaps for right around $100.

ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom.

Toby

p.s. whoever it was that posted the picture of a split
rim - that's not how mine looked either.  It had a
"ring" around it - if bobb is still on this list, he
knows what I'm talking about and he can explain it
better.