[VAC] Re: Equal-i-zer Hitch

Greetings Ted!

While I am not aware of the precise factory recommendations for the Reese
Dual Cam Sway Control system, I can verify that it is effective with an
Overlander - - in my case, a 1964 Overlander International.  My hitch weight
is just a bit higher than yours at 600 lbs.  I have towed my rig over 30,000
miles with this setup, and have always felt absolutely secure and confident.
When I purchased my Dual Cam Sway Control, the dealer indicated that it
wasn't particularly effective with trailers below 4,000 pounds wet weight.
High winds, cross-winds, nor rain seem to adversely effect its operation.
After struggling with friction sway controls on my Nomad, there was no
question in my mind that I would have a Reese Dual Cam Sway Control on my
Airstream.  The one thing that I have learned with this setup is that proper
hitch setup is critical to satisfaction.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban