[VAC] Re: '58 Overlander Electric Brake Wiring

Hey RJ,

We plugged the Overlander into AC yesterday, and it looks like
everything works. Thanks for prodding me to try it Brad. :) There is
only one light bulb in each of the double-socket overhead lights, one in
the galley, and one in the head. I haven't tried putting in another
bulb, or testing for AC voltage, but I suppose that's where the charge
line could have been going. I'll test this tomorrow and find out. Thanks
for the lead, a 12V light in the coach might be nice once in a while,
though we eventually want to add solar power.

I was also mistaken in an earlier post when I stated we have a fuse box.
More appropriately, it's a ceramic fuse block, with a Zolatone finished
cover. Does anyone have any advice on whether or not this is safe? The
wiring looks okay, and it's obviously worked for the past 44 years, but
I'm wondering if we should replace it with a modern fuse panel.

Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander