[VAC] Plastic tambour

Tim,

If you can clean and lube the track to your satisfaction with a box of Q
tips and silicone lubricant (or whatever), why don't you try that first?

Yes, tambour doors can be removed (disassembled), BUT for me, it was a chore
and a half. I wouldn't intentionally do it again (except under great
duress), particularly if the doors were working and not broken.

I also found that a fringe benefit of removing them and then reinstalling
them is they now run free and don't bind. BUT, if I could do that with shims
or extra support framing, I'd take the time to do it in preference to
removing them and reinstalling them.

Tim, each of us is different when it comes to jobs we like doing. This was
one job that (for me) fell into the category of "make work."  Yuk.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net