[VAC] What will I need to pull it

Hi Jamie,
I pull my 25 foot Tradewind (1971) with a diesel Excursion.  I started with
a Suburban (new engine, new tranny, new everything) and I was not satisfied.
When in the mountains around Santa Fe, the Suburban would go up the
hills/mountains at around 35 mph, engine racing in a low gear.  I was a road
block and was very aware of the drivers behind me looking for a place to
pass.  I didn't like it.

Since I bought the Excursion (which is rated to pull 10,000 lbs) I have been
very happy.  I was coming back from South Texas the other day with
cross-winds of 40 mph gusting even higher.  The Excursion/Airstream combo
were stable as a rock.  No sway.  No problems at all.  I felt safe and was
impressed.

When I went back to the Rockies, I went up Wolf Creek pass and I passed a
Suburban pulling SOB going about 25 mph.  No problem and I did not hold up
any traffic.

So it is a matter of what you want.  How easily you want to climb mountains.
How stable you want to be in a strong cross wind.  I would not take the
Suburban back, for any money.

Buy more truck that you need.  You will not regret it.

Jerry Harris,
1971 Tradewind 25 foot
Excursion diesel 4x4