[VAC] Re: We're Back

We've discussed aluminum wire extensively that should be in Patterson's
archives. The experiences with aluminum branch circuit wiring hasn't
been good in general. Its unsafe with the original switches and
receptacles. There are more modern receptacles made for aluminum wire
that are safer, but still I don't think as safe as using copper wire.
Those receptacles are rare in home centers and run about $2.75 each when
found. I need to replace wire in my '68 Caravel, but in the mean time
I'm not using the 120 volt wiring.

Gerald J.