[VAC] Re: proper air conditioner

John,

The only related experience I have is with using the heat strip in newer
larger trailers.  They work great and in my opinion are a bargain and a
valuable addition.  The heat strip can be used (when connected to shore
power of course) to heat the trailer on cool nights and the sounds are
consistent and do not disturb sleep for many as opposed to the intermittent
starting and stopping of the thermostat controlled furnace.  Also, during
periods of extremely cold weather the heat strip capability can be used in
conjunction with the propane furnace.  The two operating together produce
more heat obviously and the roof mounted fan continuously circulates warm
air throughout the trailer keeping the temperature more consistent and
avoiding warm and cooler spots (hot air rises as we learned in elementary
school).

Harvey Barlow