[VAC] A Modest Proposal

Jim, Sarah - that was the idea - that time/money/parts/whatever would be 'donated'. Not considering this a 'charitable' donation in the taxable sense, only in the actual sense. 'Ownership' would be the VAC. I'm envisioning an entirely casual, pass-the-hat-as-needed type of proposition, no pressure, no deadlines... if we find one, and can't raise the money, then we have to 'pass' on that one.. i imagine that will happen from time to time even in an ideal world...

Worst case (that i can envision in my present cognitively-enfeebled state) is that a trailer would be found, purchased, and end up sitting in someone's yard for awhile with nothing being done... I actually see the reverse being more of a problem - two or more people competing to have the privilege of working on the BS/VARP (Bill Scott Vintage Airstream Restoration Project).

I also agree with Sarah's point that the process of voting on details large and small seems cumbersome, but the thought immediately comes to mind of a website with the 'issue of the day', e.g. "should we try to find original glass beehive grote lights, or use modern plastic equivalents, or do you have another idea?"...with an automated vote counter...(no hanging chads to contend with)... you get the idea.

i see this as a way to instantiate our collective affection and appreciation of the vintage airstreams, and do so in a way that shows our appreciation for Bill's frequent and generous contributions.

I really really like Sarah's idea of buying 'Shady Dell', price seems a bit steep, though, and a whole 'nother ballpark.